XF 2.2 Container session.admin.storage

digitalpoint

I'm curious if there is a reason that the session.admin.storage container is limited to database only? Working on temporarily storing a bit of data that should stay completely out of the database (for security reasons). It's for use in the admin control panel on a per admin basis. The admin session seemed like a good mechanism to store that bit of data... until I realized the admin session is always stored in the database.

It seems simple enough for me to change the session.admin.storage container to use \XF\Session\CacheStorage, but just curious if there's an underlying reason for it always being in the database (not trying to break unforeseen things).

I think it's probably just the idea that if your normal front end cache storage goes totally wrong then you won't lose access to your admin control panel and there's diminishing returns in terms of performance by caching admin session stuff in a non-DB layer so there's less compelling reason to set that up there anyway.

So, no, don't think you'll be invalidating anything if you were to extend that container. Knock yourself out :)

Top Bottom