1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contact us to be available when site is inactive

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Mouth, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

When you make your site/board inactive ( /admin.php?options/list/boardActive ) then I think that you should still be able to access the Contact Us ( /misc/contact ) page/functionality to be able to send an email to the site admin.

Dadparvar, Lone Wolf, Newt and 28 others like this.
  2. jOOc

jOOc Active Member

+1 on this suggestion

3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

One of those why doesn't it already behave this way suggestions. :)

jOOc likes this.
  4. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

Also auto associate the email with the registered user.

5. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Great suggestion this is a must have!

6. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a good idea. The reason for a board being inactive is because some work is being done in the background and I wouldn't want people accessing any of the functionality that could/would interrupt that. I would be more practical to have an mailto:email link in the inactive message so if they had to mail you for some emergency it would open their mail server and not interrupt the work going on .

7. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Im pretty sure there is a way to keep the "Contact Us" section open without interrupting whatever process is going on (upgrade, ect).

8. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

It's a very good suggestion.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If the board was down, and they can't log in then that information is not available. I don't know about you, but if I take my board offline I don't want any more than I absolutely HAVE to have hitting the DB doing so.

Bionic Rooster likes this.