Considering Xenforo over vBulletin Questions

webMasterKurt

I am considering migrating to Xenforo from vBulletin 3.7.7. I have been super impressed with Xenforo support responses to questions and less than impressed with vBulletin's lack of responses. I have two questions surrounding monetization.

1. My current forum members sign up for a premium subscription and get billed annually. I am assuming I can accomplish this with Xenforo.

2. My current forum we have ad banners which vendors pay for on an annual basis, completely managed outside the forum. I would like to have a way for vendors to sign up for ad placement and be billed by the month. I would also like for vendors to be able to manage their own ads. Is this possible with Xenforo?

Thanks
Kurt

1. My current forum members sign up for a premium subscription and get billed annually. I am assuming I can accomplish this with Xenforo.
Yes. Account upgrades are built-in with some payment gateways -- you can add more [payment gateways] through Addons. Things like PayPal, Stripe & 2Checkout are in there by default.

2. My current forum we have ad banners which vendors pay for on an annual basis, completely managed outside the forum. I would like to have a way for vendors to sign up for ad placement and be billed by the month. I would also like for vendors to be able to manage their own ads. Is this possible with Xenforo?
Xenforo default does not have this built in as you say it, but I highly recommend SIropu's ad manager, it does exactly this and is a very professional product for selling ads to vendors directly. (We use it for this exact purpose, to automate ad sales for pre-planned packages) (Here) You can manually place banners and ad-code in Xenforo without an addon, that's fine of course.

(I'm a former VB user, I no longer use any of their products and everything I operate is on XF now.. I don't think you would be displeased.)

Thanks, I am stuck trying to figure out how to upgrade my vBulletin and then want to go to Xenforo.
In your post, you said you're using vBulletin 3.7.7.

That version is supported by the importers:
vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3

You will have to reapply your ad codes to the new XF theme.

User upgrades is already part of the core. It's been a while since I've done a vB -> XF migration so I can't remember if those are carried over, but if they're not, it's possible to manually set their forum subscription through the Admin Panel.

Top Bottom