Server issue connected_account.php gets downloaded when social accounts throw error

jfantasybooks

Affected version
Hi there.

If there is an error when connecting accounts, the file "connected_account.php" gets downloaded to the computer for those integrating with Google Social Account.

Opening the file, it shows: "An error occurred while connecting with Google. Please try again later."

This happens with other social accounts as well, including add-ons.

In my attempts to reproduce this, I have been unable to.

Typically when the browser downloads a PHP script, it indicates that PHP is not running and so the script is downloaded rather than being executed.

There wouldn't be anything within the XF code that causes the download to be triggered, vs just displaying the error, so that is something you would need to investigate with your host.

I had this error with Google as well, got around it by adding the /connected_account.php url to the Authorised redirect URIs

However I'm getting it with the facebook one and that workaround does not work with it. Anyone else having an issue and how did they get it to work?

I have my own webserver and can't see anything that would impact it

Same issue, after import and just before site launch i'm having this issue; connected_account.php is downloading to my browser when testing connected accounts.

Having the same issue.

This happens when you don't have the API setup correctly. When you do get it setup correctly this behavior will stop happening.

For me, I think I was setting up Facebook login integration. The mistake I made was not having the authorization URL set correctly on Facebook's API end. If not FB, then something similar with whatever service you're trying to connect with. "oAuth registered URL" or similar.

Top Bottom