Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks

Gotta' say, I was rooting pretty hard for the Bruins in that series, but definitely congratulations to the Blackhawks, a pretty exciting series that ended in a pretty...interesting way. It would have been nice to see a Game 7, but it was a great series just the same.

Obligatory Go Stars!

Was kind of hoping for a win at the united center, but I guess it does not matter. I did not expect two goals in 17 seconds. Now the cup is running all around Chicago.

That second goal 17 seconds after the preceding one was crazy--I was not expecting that! I was thinking they'd tie it up again and drag it out. It's almost like the Bruins ran out of gas at that point. And it didn't help Bergeron was playing with injuries (broken rib, and a separated shoulder during Game 6).

It'll be nice having a full season next year. You can probably guess which side I'm on. :D

Was a pretty good series. Though I would have liked to have seen 1 or 2 more games go triple OT like game 1 did.

Best news for me though was Rangers getting rid of both Torts and Sully.

I don't care about any of that...just let me drive the zamboni and I will cheer for whoever you want me to, I guess that would be expected though because to me a hat trick involves pulling a rabbit out of a top hat after tapping it with a wand.

Was a pretty good series. Though I would have liked to have seen 1 or 2 more games go triple OT like game 1 did.

Best news for me though was Rangers getting rid of both Torts and Sully.

Triple OT is too hard on the teams--if the third OT is almost full length, that is like playing two games in one night. It's good they had a couple of days off to recover. ;) What happened with the Bruins is what happened to the Red Wings also--the Wings were up three games in the playoffs, and the Hawks won the next three to move to the third round. It's like the Wings ran out of gas.

At least we will have a full season next year.

I thought it was going the full 7 Games, but I will be the first to admit, 2 goals in 17 seconds was not skill. Boston just ran out of "gas". But now the season is over and now what? All we have is the Cubs and/or White Sox now, might as well watch the home shopping network...

C'mon football season....

It was a good game with some good surprises!

Next season will be good, lots of player movement, new coaches, new divisions!

I hate that the CAP is going down... but I guess that is how it is for now.

The cap had to come down, some of the teams in poorer markets were floundering because they were forced to spend more than they could afford to reach the cap floor. Also, it's a bit ridiculous that the floor was already something like $10 million (edit: actually $8.2 million) above what was the cap CEILING the first season after the lockout. Besides which, the cap will be above what it was this past season fairly quickly under the new format, IMO.

I thought it was going the full 7 Games, but I will be the first to admit, 2 goals in 17 seconds was not skill. Boston just ran out of "gas". But now the season is over and now what? All we have is the Cubs and/or White Sox now, might as well watch the home shopping network...

C'mon football season....

As a Bruins fan, I was kind of dissapointed. I was really hoping for a win and a Game 7. As soon as I saw Game 6 I knew that the Bruins couldn't get the Stanley cup... but hey, at least we got to the finals! I (more my family and I; we're big Bruin fans) think that the Bruins need to switch a lot of players, but some have aready left, we've already lost Andrew Ference (number 21), Jaromir Jagr (68) , and Nathan Horton (18) (not dissapointed by Horton... he kinda sucked this year). They need better defense and Zdeno Chara (33) is their leading man. I think he's only got a couple more years or this might be his last year (probably a couple more years, at 6ft 9in, he's the Bruins' giant) left for him. My mom thinks Chris Kelly (number 23 and an alternate captin) could replace Chara if he left.

Yeah, I'm kind of a Bruins geek... at least that's what I feel like. And I do my research. I love Boston and the teams (mostly the Bruins).

Top Bottom