Congrats to the All Blacks and France, for making the Rugby World Cup finals

Kim

For those that don't know, there has been a little competition going on in New Zealand to find the winner of the Rugby World Cup.

Last night the New Zealand All Blacks defeated the Australian Wallabies 20-6 to secure the place in the Final next week against France.

France has been in the final of a Rugby World Cup now three times, losing to New Zealand in 1987 and losing to Australia in 1999... can it be third time lucky for the Coq's?

New Zealand has only won the Rugby World Cup once, in the inaugral 1987 game, and dispite being arguably the best Rugby team in the world, they have a record of choking in this particular competition.

Well done NZ, and Good Luck to both teams next week, may the best team win!

... of dignity

*g* I sometimes to go to the NZ restaurant in Amsterdam at like 6 in the morning and have breakfast together with NZ and rugby fans when there's a game. They open up early especially because of the timezones, always a blast.

... of dignity

*g* I sometimes to go to the NZ restaurant in Amsterdam at like 6 in the morning and have breakfast together with NZ and rugby fans when there's a game. They open up early especially because of the timezones, always a blast.

Good Grief.. there's a NZ restaurant?? lol the mind boggles at what that might entail...

Whitebait Fritters
Hāngi
YoYo biscuits
Kumera chips
Pavlova
chocolate fish pie

I'm not very accustomed to rugby but love the Haka war dance the NZ team is doing. One of my favorites on youtube :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not very accustomed to rugby but love the Haka war dance the NZ team is doing. One of my favorites on youtube :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah the Haka is pretty cool :D They didn't do that exact one last weekend, they did another one, which I don't like as much myself... but it's always a spectacle!

Actually, I saw it the first time in Turkey in Gelibolu (Galipolli) duing a scool trip. Every year April 25 people come from New Zealand (and Australia) to honor the memory of their loss in the war there. Soldiers usally perform it duing the ceremonies.

Actually, I saw it the first time in Turkey in Gelibolu (Galipolli) duing a scool trip. Every year April 25 people come from New Zealand to honor the memory of their loss in the war there. Soldiers usally perform it duing the ceremonies.

ahhh that must have been a sight :) ANZAC day, I would like to go there one day but I have heard news reports that our young people are ruining it by turning it into an excuse to get rolling drunk and drop litter everywhere and generally be disrespectful.

ahhh that must have been a sight :) ANZAC day, I would like to go there one day but I have heard news reports that our young people are ruining it by turning it into an excuse to get rolling drunk and drop litter everywhere and generally be disrespectful.

Yeah it's quite spectacular actually Kim. They walk a very long road during the night called the "Anzac Walk" There has been reports in such but nothing major. I always admired the spirit behing it.

Great to hear from a Turkish perspective that it is not too bad and still a spectacular event.

Maybe one day I will do it :)

Well New Zealand held off a very determined and passionate French team to win the Rugby World cup by 1 point.

Congratulations to the All Blacks and to the French for a very entertaining and exciting game of Rugby!

Top Bottom