XF 2.2 Confirmation emails not sending

Ventz

Hello I have installed my forum yesterday and I am having trouble getting any emails to send.
I have set the sender email to a valid email address, and when I use the outbound mail test tool it says it was sent successfully, however I received no email in my inbox and yes I checked spam.

This issue is is causing new users to not receive confirmation emails.
My forum is installed on a CentOS OVH vps.
I have checked /var/log/maillog and it is completely empty.
As far as I'm aware this email is supposed to just work out of the box if using the default method, could somebody please help me fix this issue?

My settings look like this:
c52939aae347276c41c47a246c909420.png

7a4976a316ee674adadd8471f49f296b.png

Follow the email troubleshooting guide,

It was written for XF1, but the same principles apply.

So when I was sending emails earlier, no error logs were being generated. However after checking again there is one log which has been generated.
It might be worth noting I attempted to send multiple emails which were reported successful, although there is only one error created, here it is:

Code:
Swift_TransportException: Email to ***********@gmail.com failed: Process could not be started [sh: /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory ]
src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:302

Stack Trace:
Code:
#0 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(54): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->establishProcessConnection()
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/SendmailTransport.php(117): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array)
#2 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(304): Swift_Transport_SendmailTransport->send(Object(Swift_Message), Array)
#3 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(404): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SendmailTransport), NULL, true)
#4 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(85): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#5 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(63): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->sendConfirmationEmail()
#6 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/EmailConfirmation.php(43): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->triggerConfirmation()
#7 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(58): XF\ControllerPlugin\EmailConfirmation->actionResend(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Entity\User), '/community/inde...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionResend(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AccountConfi...', 'Resend', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Not entirely sure what to do about that...

Okay, turned out it was a giant combination of my SElinux blocking sendmail and networking, and also some folder permissions causing sendmail to not work, apologies for posting I have managed to solve this myself but I supposed I'll leave this here incase anyone else has this issue:

allow httpd_can_sendmail

Top Bottom