Confirm before ignore

JamesBrown

Seems quite a number of my members have accidently ignored other members over the years. I know you get a fleeting Your changes have been saved at the top, but this is going unnoticed.

Could we get a confirmation for this, something like..

You are about to ignore Userxxx.
Cancel | OK

Upvote 4
As I said before, this should be easy enough to add and there's really no reason, that I can think of, this confirmation shouldn't exist.

For UX purposes, confirmation should not be used for actions which are non destructive and can easily be reversed.

For UX purposes, confirmation should not be used for actions which are non destructive and can easily be reversed.
I can see that, but this particular case could call for special treatment. If folks who accidentally press that button don't notice they did it, it could cause great confusion for them. Also, I'd argue that most average folks who frequent forums probably don't know how to undo it. Then, of course, if they don't know they did it in the first place, they wouldn't even know there was something they need to undo.

Also, and while I know this isn't a reason to change the way XF works, it is worth mentioning that Facebook and X (and I'm sure every other mainstream site/platform) require you to confirm blocking another user.

Top Bottom