$config['rebuildMaxExecution'], that is "new"

Rigel Kentaurus

Well-known member
I just upgraded one of my installations to 1.1.3 and .. oh, the pain. The template rebuilding process took, at least, 40 minutes.

It is partially my fault for having so many styles, but still. It was painful enough that I went into debugging the code, and then I saw the rebuildMaxExecution variable, I keep looking at it for some time and then asked myself, "was that always there?"

I guess not. I assume it was introduced to prevent timeouts (a good thing), and in the process made the whole thing much more slower. It pains me to see my CPU at 0.3% usage, no active db queries, and yet the Cache Rebuild takes forever ....

Well, I updated it to 300, and everything started going a lot faster

I do not recommend this to everyone, though, if you do that, also adjust the max_execution_time on php.ini and for nginx users the fastcgi_read_timeout

Rigel Kentaurus

Well-known member
Now that 1.1.4 is just out, do it again! :p

Thanks for the tip however. I hope they do something about this slow cache rebuild.
Yeah .. and I just upgraded yesterday. But I am happy to see new versions rolling in.
And this time I know about the configuration setting to change, so it will hopefully be faster.