Competition Breeds Innovation, People Are Scared Of XenForo And Rightly So!

Deepmartini

Check out all the new stuff IPB is rushing to get out:

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174-ips-company-blog/

They must be scared about the power of Xenforo and the rapid uptake. For too long, vbulletin and IPB have sat on their laurels raking in the dough without giving us users what we want. Remember, we're the customers and when a better solution comes along (like Xenforo) and addresses our needs--then we vote with our wallets and move on.

Competition truly keeps everyone on their feet!

We love competition. It's healthy for any industry. :)
Well said Matt! :)

Susan and I spent months working with and evaluating IPS vs XF and they are really both VERY good. Jamie pretty much nailed a lot of the problems on the IPS side. From my perspective, their very success (in the sense of how fast they are growing/evolving their platform) is driving away most of the 3rd party developers that make meaningful mods as well as most of the skin developers.

XF in contrast, has built a platform that is specifically designed to make custom skins and addons as upgrade proof as possible.

If IPS does what you need out of the box, it's gonna be DANG hard to find something better. IP.Nexus in particular is an incredible gem for admins that make money from their forum. If you plan on customizing (other than just color changes) the system to include substantial functionality changes, your maintenance is likely to be a nightmare.

Susan and I NEVER seem to be able to leave something as stock though, so that made the choice pretty easy.

The engagement with their users, and the responsiveness of the IPS staff (with a few notable exceptions) is absolutely first rate, the only other developers that interact as well are... Well here. ;)

We love competition. It's healthy for any industry. :)
Exactly! And not just for any industry, also for science, technology, sports etc... It's simply an important part of the human existence, a driving force behind overall progress. The ones who refuse to play the game, or even sabotage the ones who do, will eventually be disqualified.

Top Bottom