Lack of interest Community moderation based on flags

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Max

Its hard to be online 24 hours and moderate even a small forum, it gets worst with large forums.
So all those big sites like youtube has flag systems, thumbs down, etc.. for comments or content.

So if 20 members (some trusted usergroup) flagged/thumb down a post then it will automatically go to hidden state. Others have to click the warning message and see the content which is flagged by the community members.
Or we can soft delete the post until a real moderator check it.

I think this is an essential feature. Already all the large sites like youtube using it.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Its hard to be online 24 hours and moderate even a small forum, it gets worst with large forums.
So all those big sites like youtube has flag systems, thumbs down, etc.. for comments or content.

So if 20 members (some trusted usergroup) flagged/thumb down a post then it will automatically go to hidden state. Others have to click the warning message and see the content which is flagged by the community members.
Or we can soft delete the post until a real moderator check it.

I think this is an essential feature. Already all the large sites like youtube using it.

Have a look at my mod. It does just that. It will place all disliked posts x number of times in the moderation queue.

Dislike This Post (a.k.a. Worst Posts)

thanks guys for your replies. I have experience with post ratings addon and @borbole your new addon looks very promising!
but i think this should come in the core with better integration with xF member and post moderation system.
so we can expand the functionality as needed.

Top Bottom