Community-made 1.1.4 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I am open to the idea of the community submitting code for KAM review and approval for future versions. With the understanding that what is submitted will belong to XenForo Ltd.
Kier, or Mike, or Ashley, if you're reading this, we look forward to your opinion :)

Kier, or Mike, or Ashley, if you're reading this, we look forward to your opinion :)

Something to consider... if these "updates" change something, and then certain add-ons start to not work or templates end up changing, are devs supposed to support only the newest update, the official update, both updates?

I think the software is stable enough as it is to be honest - I'm still on 1.1.2 after all!
It depends on the features used. If you look at the bug reports, there is nothing extremely serious.
But if you use a feature that is affected by a bug, you will be glad to have a fix ;)

Something to consider... if these "updates" change something, and then certain add-ons start to not work or templates end up changing, are devs supposed to support only the newest update, the official update, both updates?
I am talking about only minor updates to fix bugs, not about adding new features or rewrite parts of the software!
If an addon works on the "official update", it must works on the newest update without change.

You assume at least.
I misspoke, what I mean is that the initial purpose is not to add features, or anything else that could force developers to reconsider their addons, only bug fixes. So if an addon works on the "newest" version, it will also work with the official :)

If it turns out that development is indeed abandoned, then we can consider at that time adding features and therefore the requirement for developers to adapt their addons. But that was not the idea behind the subject.

If it turns out that development is indeed abandoned, then we can consider at that time adding features and therefore the requirement for developers to adapt their addons. But that was not the idea behind the subject.

And that right there would screw a lot of people. Say this happens... then the devs are "required" to adapt, yet the ones who paid for the add-ons can no longer update their add on because it only works with newest version....

I think you are opening up a bigger can of worms than you realize.

Why would you trade K&M for community development? Wait for an official release.
In case Xf would not have a next version. If an official release is coming, and I hope it is, it will not need all that stuff:)

My idea was assumed that:
Since development is paused and as we'll waiting several weeks (months?) before the next release ...
If this is not the case, there is no reason to apply it. All that simple.

This basically amounts to indulgent speculation and presumption. Wait until the lawsuit is past before you start planning XF's future, not that it's your decision to make... it's KAM's decision. In the meantime this is sort of weird.

This basically amounts to indulgent speculation and presumption. Wait until the lawsuit is past before you start planning XF's future, not that it's your decision to make... it's KAM's decision. In the meantime this is sort of weird.

Akin to mutiny.

You're right (as usual) :) I let you close / delete this topic in awaiting the outcome of the lawsuite.
Sorry for not being more patient.
Akin to mutiny.
Lol, I would be the first happy when KAM will resume the development ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom