Communauté Regionalis

I'm a little (a lot) discouraged...
The forum is 8 months old now and none of the 80 members are from search engines, none. Most are internet acquaintances and friends of these acquaintances, others come from forums that I also frequent. But I'm desperate to see any signups from visitors who found the forum through search engines. So the forum is stagnating now, I don't really know what to do.

The forum is generalist and mainly talks about news so difficult in terms of SEO, I have no exclusive content that could attract visitors and therefore no chance of having new registrations. What are my options? I don't know...

I kinda feel like giving up. Yet even a single registration via search engines would encourage me but it does not come desperately. I don't know if a general forum has a chance of surviving. Yet the forum seems attractive to me, there is the gallery, resources, articles, you can participate without registering etc... But nothing comes.

Laugh Cooking GIF by Prime Video España

Totally understand you. It's hard with forums these days, especially if it's a general forum. I'm on the same train as you with one of my local forums. We are just too small, small audience and niche topic. So I may end up going with English based forum.

But you have a good flow on your forum with new posts, IMHO. You have people that will post something.

What to do in your case? Hmm, really hard to say, but I'd suggest keeping going on for at least a few more months, exclusive content would be great of course. If not, try to find some other topic of your interest. That's what I will do with one forum. I'll try a bit more, then I'll see. Maybe already in the summer :)

In my opinion, we need to be more focused in specific areas, less open in general.

Focus on specific topics. A generalist forum is a hassle, too open, but with facebook groups, keeping a forum too open is almost impossible, you have to relate to specific subjects.

Switch to gaming. That's where the fish are. 🐟
Yes, gaming or sex lol (work always)

I don't feel like starting from scratch with a new topic and even less to talk about video games, which doesn't interest me at all.
Besides, forums on video games abound and getting out of the game would be just as difficult as a generalist forum.

What to do in your case? Hmm, really hard to say, but I'd suggest keeping going on for at least a few more months, exclusive content would be great of course.
No real choice indeed, wait a little longer and see if it can take... I'll see if I can't develop the cinema and TV section, especially with the excellent TMDb addons from @Ozzy47 🤷‍♂️

In my opinion, we need to be more focused in specific areas, less open in general.

Focus on specific topics. A generalist forum is a hassle, too open, but with facebook groups, keeping a forum too open is almost impossible, you have to relate to specific subjects.
Agree.

Yes, gaming or sex lol (work always)
Unfortunately.

I don't feel like starting from scratch with a new topic and even less to talk about video games, which doesn't interest me at all.
Don't do a forum on which topic you are not interested in.

I'll see if I can't develop the cinema and TV section, especially with the excellent TMDb addons from @Ozzy47 🤷‍♂️
Indeed, this could be some benefit for the general forum.

Anyway, I wish you all the best.

What took 4 months is what I want to know......You could spend a year and its not going to make difference as far as getting people to join.....I rooted and hogged for 6 months with a conspiracy forum the same way and it flopped. Agian, you have to get down to the level of your audience and teeny boppers are finicky as hell.

Last edited:
Photography. I believe photography is hard niche to grow.
Anything that is educational is not going to interest teeny boppers who haunt this site and many admin forums...I am afraid that as forums goes they are just about a thing of the past......And quite frankly I am not begging anyone to join a forum. And thats about what you have to do now a days is beg.

Blogs are easier, less crap and no begging.

Last edited:
Anything that is educational is not going to interest teeny boppers who haunt this site and many admin forums...I am afraid that as forums goes they are just about a thing of the past......And quite frankly I am not begging anyone to join a forum. And thats about what you have to do now a days is beg.

Blogs are easier, less crap and no begging.
Agree, but that's the world we a re living and we have to adapt to it.

Pleasant colors.
Thanks ! I used the colors of the original prefixes, each block color corresponds to the color of the prefixes used in the corresponding category.

I like it, where did you get the CSS , I might be interested to do mine.
I don't remember the site, I've visited so many, even in my history I can't find it.
But here is the code if you are interested

Less:
.your-selector:hover {
    animation:pulsation_bouton .8s ease-out
    }
@keyframes pulsation_bouton {
    from {
        box-shadow:0 0 0 -3px hsla(0,0%,100%,0),0 0 0 0 #D9D9D9
    }
    to {
        box-shadow:0 0 0 7px hsla(0,0%,100%,0),0 0 0 13px hsla(0,0%,100%,0)
    }
}

if you want to use this code on several buttons with different colors you have to increment the pulsation_button property, so pulsation_button1, pulsation_button2, pulsation_button3, etc...
Appears 2 times in each code, it is necessary to increment the 2

Top Bottom