1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commonwealth Games - Netball going pear shape....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jethro, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Rather think they are missing a few teams there. If the Nettie doesn't go ahead I would hate to be to tell the Aussie team :eek:

2. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

haha. it is a wonder that the games are opening later today here in delhi :)

3. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

Being originally from I feel sad to the level of corrpution we have in the country today. People may not be knowing, India had hosted such events earlier Asiad and CommonWealth Youth and both the events were flawless. Interestingly the same IOC head (Kalmadi) who is held responsible or this mess, had successfully executed earlier events and was highly praised for the success. Generally speaking he is also one of the better and cleaner politicians we have in the country. Don't know what went wrong this time

4. OperaManiac

From what I have heard CommonWealth Youth were a disaster though I have no personal memory of that event.

And Asiad were managed by Rajiv Gandhi. Son of the then PM Indira Gandhi and of course a future PM of India.

I have no liking for Rahul Gandhi but he should have been the one responsible for managing these games.

His surname would have ensured that there were no mismanagement in any aspect of the contracts and their implementation.

5. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

Commonwealth Youth were hosted in my city :) overall they were success.

The difference I see, is earlier events were hosted in in constituency of the politicians who were responsible for the game where they have direct control over local muncipal bodies etc. This time its totally difference I wonder if this guy knew anyone in Delhi except Gandhi family

6. OperaManiac

He is the president of the Indian Olympic Association, Asian Athletics Association, and Athletics Federation of India.
    S: http://goo.gl/IhiW

he is a veteran. though not a very trustworthy guy. there was a report in a national newspaper on how all the senior posts in the organizing committe was held by people who were close to him and not known to be administrators. this guy is definitely a tool. http://goo.gl/Inyg