Commission Junction: Is it really worth using it?

OSS 117

Evening and or morning!

I've come across a little problem. It seems most of the affiliate programs I'm with have joined commission junction. I have the ability, after speaking with all parties, to integrate my current accounts with commission junction. This would be far more easier to keep track of all the money I earn through affiliate programs. My only concerns are whether CJ is reliable and trustworthy, as when you Google out "Commission Junction", you get suggestions like "Don't use Commission Junction it's a scam!"

So I'm stuck here, should I use CJ or not?

Evening and or morning!

I've come across a little problem. It seems most of the affiliate programs I'm with have joined commission junction. I have the ability, after speaking with all parties, to integrate my current accounts with commission junction. This would be far more easier to keep track of all the money I earn through affiliate programs. My only concerns are whether CJ is reliable and trustworthy, as when you Google out "Commission Junction", you get suggestions like "Don't use Commission Junction it's a scam!"

So I'm stuck here, should I use CJ or not?

Which affiliate links are you using? :)

No, Commission Junction is not a scam.

Many of the largest online retailers are with CJ. They're currently the largest affiliate network, and have been for nearly the past 10 years. People who cry wolf on "phony scams" make it easier for real scammers to exist. They do have a minimum payout (like just about every other network), specified in the agreement -- which is what most people tend to complain about. There's also LinkShare and Google Affiliate .. and a multitude of others.

If you can run an ad server like OpenX then it is well worth it, but you need a competent server administrator if you are going to revolve banners with it, you have to set it up on it's own domain and create ad zones to shoot ads at.

It's not worth it. I tried it and I had better luck with google adsense.

It's not a scam, but I find it's not really worth it at all. You could easily find better places.

No, Commission Junction is not a scam.

Many of the largest online retailers are with CJ. They're currently the largest affiliate network, and have been for nearly the past 10 years. People who cry wolf on "phony scams" make it easier for real scammers to exist. They do have a minimum payout (like just about every other network), specified in the agreement -- which is what most people tend to complain about. There's also LinkShare and Google Affiliate .. and a multitude of others.
Thanks, Jason, I just have one more question.

Could I, in effect, use what I've earned through CJ and use what I've earned from each affiliate for rendered services?

Top Bottom