Lack of interest Comments/Replies For Pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I hope this hasn't already been suggested, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Following on from this post on the 'Using page nodes as a CMS for articles' thread:

There are a system for making a page commentable by members?

This would be great, linked to a thread in an associated forum. :)

I guess I don't see the difference between a page with comments and a post with comments other than the templating. Why go through all the trouble making unindexable pages with comments, when you could just create a very unique set of templates for a forum that will display the first post similar to that of an article and the replies like comments?

I guess I don't see the difference between a page with comments and a post with comments other than the templating. Why go through all the trouble making unindexable pages with comments, when you could just create a very unique set of templates for a forum that will display the first post similar to that of an article and the replies like comments?

My first reaction is ... OK ... let's see your unique templates.

Pages are a good idea, but in their current form, aren't that useful.

Other issues:
(1) pages are "stuck" in the forums tab - they can't be displayed elsewhere.
(2) can't be liked
(3) must be created in the adminCP ! :(
(4) less overall features than a regular thread / post.

My first reaction is ... OK ... let's see your unique templates.
Okay,

If someone would be willing to buy me a license, I'd be willing to edit the templates to make replies look like comments and the original post look like an article. I did it for IPB, and can do it for Xen as well no doubt.

Top Bottom