Commenting

firebird

I am having many problems with vBulletin 5 and would love to switch to xenForo. The one stumbling block is that xenForo doesn't seem to have the Comments feature that vB has, that allows members to comment on each other's replies and comments. Is this available as an add-on in xenForo?

I don't fully comprehend why you would comment on someones forum post instead of replying in the thread itself. Kind of a duplication?
I can see it if you use a blog or wiki or something along that line - but a forum post? :confused:

I am using the forum software to host online courses. Each participant makes a post every three days about actioning each of the 7 steps. The commenting function allows them to "talk" to each other about their personal experiences, and is absolutely essential to the way participants interact and help each other. I haven't been able to find this function in any other forum software, and would switch to xenForo immediately if this add-on were available.

I am using the forum software to host online courses. Each participant makes a post every three days about actioning each of the 7 steps. The commenting function allows them to "talk" to each other about their personal experiences, and is absolutely essential to the way participants interact and help each other. I haven't been able to find this function in any other forum software, and would switch to xenForo immediately if this add-on were available.

I have coded such an add on. You can see it here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-comments.2434/

Really happy to hear this, borhole! Pls let me know where in the world you are based and your hourly rate for any modifications I may need to the add-on or other paid support on xenForo.

Top Bottom