Coming to Edinburgh. Where to go?

CyberAP

I am coming to Edinburgh in july and this is the first time I visit UK. So I know some sights I am definitely going to visit, like Edinburgh Castle, St. Giles Cathedral, Camera Obscura and counting. But I would also like to explore places that are not usually covered by typical tourist trips. Can you help me with this? :)

BTW, it's an educational trip, so every day when my lessons are over I can go anywhere I want.

I went to Edinburgh Uni (and stayed there for 10 years)

Do a ghost tour, they are always fun (but touristy), there are quite a few that start on the royal mile, you get to explore some of the underground parts of Edinburgh usually closed of to tourists.

Obviously, try a few bars (blind poet, the 3 sisters, the pear tree.. if they still have the same names)

You have a good dry ski slope not far away (about 40 mins on a bus from princes street), it's supposed to be the biggest in Europe (well, it was when I was there)

Castle, Camera Obscura, the fudge making place where they making it in front of you and the whisky tour can all be found on the royal mile (gtg phone)

Last edited:
If you don't have any useful thing to say, why don't refrain from posting? Maybe we should start telling that to everyone in a discussion forum... I suppose what the point of a discussion forum would be?

Just my 0.02 cents.

Damn, I just Googled it and got returned to a forum who's only content was "Google it" Gahhh! :whistle:

If you don't have any useful thing to say, why don't refrain from posting? Maybe we should start telling that to everyone in a discussion forum... I suppose what the point of a discussion forum would be?

Just my 0.02 cents.

How is that not useful...just trying to help.

I will second the ghost walks, they are thoroughly entertaining and I do one every time I visit Edinburgh.

Top Bottom