• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Comet Panstarrs

Biker

**sigh** By the time I remembered to grab the camera and head out of the city to get some shots, it was too late.

Great photos, Steve. (You lucky bastage you!)

Bob

Love the second one! How long of an exposure is the first one? Looks like it was starting to "star trail" a bit. Nice Photos tho!

The 2nd one is gorgeous. First one looks a little blurred near the moon and stars (Not sure if it's supposed to look like that).
Thanks.

As for the first shot, that is normal when using a telephoto and multi-second exposure. Believe it or not, the Earth moves enough in 10-15 seconds to cause star trails in photos.

Ingenious

Nicely done Steve, especially the second one in the OP.

I did look for this here in the UK with a view to taking some photos, I saw the beautiful new moon with earthshine, but could not locate the comet due to some cloud :(

SilverCircle

Very cool pictures.

I'd planned to watch this one a bit more closely, but so far almost no luck with the weather over here + I live near a major city, so there is some significant light pollution, making it difficult to observe near-horizon objects.

Maybe more luck later this with this one.

Even though I got those shots, I couldn't see the comet with my naked eye. My wife could, but I needed the binoculars to see it.

Comet ISON is going to be much brighter and higher up in the sky. I'm really looking forward to that one.

iTuN3r

Those are pretty awesome snaps :) Saw your Photography link on signature some great snaps you got there . I am still on my basic level trying to learn some photography .