Lack of interest [COLOR] BbCode Changes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jaxel

Okay, so we all know how the COLOR bbcode works. Generally, you want to allow members to use the color bbcode, but it is often prone to abuse. It also creates an issue where some people post on a "light" skin, and others post on a "dark" skin... Here is an example:

1.webp

Now, what I've done on my forum is change XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base... from:
Code:
'color' => array(
    'hasOption' => true,
    'optionRegex' => '/^(rgb\(\s*\d+%?\s*,\s*\d+%?\s*,\s*\d+%?\s*\)|#[a-f0-9]{6}|#[a-f0-9]{3}|[a-z]+)$/i',
    'replace' => array('<span style="color: %s">', '</span>')
),
to:
Code:
'color' => array(
    'hasOption' => true,
    'optionRegex' => '/^(rgb\(\s*\d+%?\s*,\s*\d+%?\s*,\s*\d+%?\s*\)|#[a-f0-9]{6}|#[a-f0-9]{3}|[a-z]+)$/i',
    'replace' => array('<span style="text-shadow: 0 0 10px %s">', '</span>')
),

2.webp

Now people can still personalize their posts with colors, but it still works in multiple skins. I'm suggesting there be an option in XenForo to replace the css of the color bbcode... "color", "text-shadow" or even "background-color".

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That effects regular posts too and not just the chatbox. Would be better if it only affected the chatbox.

That effects regular posts too and not just the chatbox. Would be better if it only affected the chatbox.
I know... the recommendation is for the entire forum.

The issues I stated aren't unique to chatboxes; I am just using the chatbox as an example.

Top Bottom