XF 2.1 Collapse a Widget?

I need this also, but it is not clear how it could be made into a tool. w3schools has a very simple set of instructions for doing it.

For most widgets, the button could be an "^" character in the Title of the widget. If you wanted to be elegant, you could change the button to "v" when the widget is collapsed.

I needed this for the @Will Watts recently online widget discussed in this thread https://xenforo.com/community/threa...s-recently-online-recently-registered.161173/

It is not all that difficult. I have not programmed much for a very long time, but I found enough information on hiding divs to let me do it. I modified my copy of the widget template which I had created two instances for to be able to display two different groups of online visitors.

The basic idea is to wrap a div around the material you want to switch on and off with a button included in the part that remains as described in the very brief w3schools tutorial. If you want to know more about what I did , you can read Will's thread where I will describe it more fully.(mostly because, I would like him to do it right from the software quality point of view.)

Top Bottom