Collaborative Threads

Collaborative Threads [Paid] 1.0.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Collaborative Threads - Enables ad-hoc created groups to share OP-rights to a thread

Formally a private add-on for nearly 3 years, this has now been publicly released with the XF2 version.

Enables ad-hoc created groups to share OP-rights to a thread.
  • Admin defined list of what permisions can be shared from the thread starter (some permissions require "masking" where the collaborator has them taken away if they are not in the right group)
  • End-user create groups with different permission sets.
  • Edit marked posts.
  • Trigger author alerts...

Read more about this resource...

Only install this addon if you care about content.

i am always excited when people add missing forum features that i feel are obvious. doesn't happen a lot sadly.

Great feature for a community that cares about content.

@Xon - you should write your own community software. if you ever consider it, contact me.

Reactions: Xon
Brilliant! Thanks for releasing this.
I need to write up better instructions, as this add-on is fairly complex in how adding & removing permissions copied from the thread-starter to other thread users ends up working.

But it is useful in how it interacts with the "View Other" permission, since it allows private sharable threads which fail into a safe state when the add-on is disabled. And XF2 temp-disables an add-on during upgrade.

@Xon - you should write your own community software. if you ever consider it, contact me.
I've got another ~30-40 add-ons to convert to XF2, it is unlikely I'll write my own from the ground up.

Xon updated Collaborative Threads with a new update entry:

1.0.0 - Out of beta release

This add-on has had the beta tag removed, and is considered stable for production use.

Fixes since the last beta;
  • Fix error when replying with a user mention when collaboration is potentially enabled for a forum
  • Fix permissions when adding a user who has participate but not join permission.
  • Added compatibility shim for add-ons which integrated with adding collaborative for old pre-release versions of this add-on

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom