Cold in southwestern Florida

Chimpie

From the Tampa Bay NWS office:
A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 31 DEGREES WAS TIED AT SARASOTA BRADENTON TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 31 SET IN 1915.

Too dang cold for me.

It's been much colder than that is some areas of Florida, and will continue into the weekend.
My mom lives in Lakeland and my aunt in Orlando, while my brother lives on the west coast in Homosassa Springs. He said that it's been bone-chilling cold over there.
I have to laugh at that, since it hasn't hit 20f here since last week. But I do remember life in Florida and yeah, 31 is bone-chilling cold to y'all.

I'm wearing sweats, two tshirts, one of them long sleeved, a hoodie (hood up), house heat is on and I have a portable space heater under my desk.

Supposed to be 70° by Friday though. :D

I'm wearing sweats, two tshirts, one of them long sleeved, a hoodie (hood up), house heat is on and I have a portable space heater under my desk.

Supposed to be 70° by Friday though. :D

oh wow, lol. Yep I do remember those days.

Really, when I was living in Cleveland I really did not care about anything but staying warm myself, usually that involved wearing 4 or 5 jackets with hoods.

Really, when I was living in Cleveland I really did not care about anything but staying warm myself, usually that involved wearing 4 or 5 jackets with hoods.

That is funny. See, I was born in South Florida and raised there and NW Florida. I've been in Ohio for only 6 years. People look at me like I'm nuts when I'm outside in 30f weather with only sweats on. But it just doesn't feel that cold to me. However, right now, in the teens, with windchills in the single digits...... yeah, it's friggin cold.

cold.gif

Top Bottom