Lack of interest Code Tagging & Code Line Numbers

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

gmaister22

One feature i would like to suggest, is the add of code colorized of most programming languages and not only PHP & HTML, (something like www.pastebin.com does) also a code line numbering system so you can easier refer to the line that you want to.

I do think that by adding Syntax Highlighting and Line Numbering for each programming language, will make the code easier to read, and i think its something easy to be made!

Something like that, this is a C++ code
XVD

Hope i'll see the feature added soon!!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well it's not exactly the same since i suggested more than he did but anyway!

Hope this feature will be added soon; it's very critical and necessary for many kind of forums...!

Yes your suggestion also included syntax highlighting, but rather than split the discussion across two threads, it makes sense to keep it all in one place so feel free to add to that thread with your additional suggestion.

Nah it's ok, i was thinking it as one feature :)

(Though let me know if i can manually add that, cause i really need it; i run a computing/programming forum and many members requested it :( )

Hmmm, maybe I was confused by your initial suggestion.

Did you mean in the ACP when editing templates or the code box inserted in posts?

No, not in the ACP, when you adding code box into posts, instead of only be able to get syntax for HTML and PHP to get something like:

Zk4

something like that (but just for major programming languages like C++/C, Visual Basic, Java, Pythong etc)
the pic is from http://www.pastebin.com

the code will be way way more readable and understandable !

Top Bottom