.co domain

MilesDB

What do you think about .co extention? Even though it's the official domain for Colombia, .co is being pushed as international one standing for COmpany, COmmunity and COmmunication. Private registration is available as well.

Godaddy is gonna run a .co Super Bowl ad on Sunday.

MIAMI, February 3, 2010This Sunday, the .CO domain will be introduced to a broad global audience of over a hundred million consumers as the featured domain name in a highly anticipated GoDaddy.CO Super Bowl ad.
http://www.cointernet.co/media/press-releases

Every crappy TLD that wants to sell you a domain will be "pushed" as the new whatever, but so far none of them have proven to be better than a .com, .net or .org. GoDaddy also had a stake in .me. How many of you have a .me domain, or frequent a .me site? Oh, none of you? What a surprise.

Same thing with .co, .cc .ws - the "new" anything.

Stick to .com until IPV6 takes over and makes domain names irrelevant. In 20 years. ;)

It's mainly being used to steal .com traffic when someone mis-types. I ended up buying two. One for my forum (WebDesignForums) which is wdf.co which I plan to use for short-url redirection in/out of the forum. I also got WDW.co (as in Walt Disney World) which redirects to my iPhone web-app for Disney World Weather radars.

Personally, I cant see it being a big use.

Stick to .com until IPV6 takes over and makes domain names irrelevant. In 20 years. ;)

ipV6 isnt making domain names irrelevant...if anything its making them more of a necessity as there's no way you'll remember a bunch ipV6 addresses due to them being 128-bit hex.

What do you think about .co extention? Even though it's the official domain for Colombia, .co is being pushed as international one standing for COmpany, COmmunity and COmmunication. Private registration is available as well.

Godaddy is gonna run a .co Super Bowl ad on Sunday.
OH also, Thats 2010 - .Co has been on the market for a year ;)

I bought two .co addresses when network solutions had their sale.
I didn't want someone squatting on them trying to turn a buck.
I've been swooped on a couple domains where people are doing nothing with them except waiting for a buyer.

I bought two .co addresses when network solutions had their sale.
I didn't want someone squatting on them trying to turn a buck.
I've been swooped on a couple domains where people are doing nothing with them except waiting for a buyer.
NetSol has sales?!?!
eek.png
Last time I checked they were charging idiots prices! $35 for a .com ...pfft!

How much did they charge you for the .co's? (if you don't mind me asking
tongue.png
)

How much did they charge you for the .co's? (if you don't mind me asking :p)
Too much but I believe they were the first to offer .co addresses. I think it was $30 each.
I have domains registered through netsol, namecheap and register.com. Despite netsol being the most expensive, it seems the easiest to navigate and have liked their customer service.
You can also find coupon codes for netsol. I also find my domains with netsol seem to propagate the fastest.

Too much but I believe they were the first to offer .co addresses. I think it was $30 each.
I have domains registered through netsol, namecheap and register.com. Despite netsol being the most expensive, it seems the easiest to navigate and have liked their customer service.
You can also find coupon codes for netsol. I also find my domains with netsol seem to propagate the fastest.
Ahh ok. I did mine through GoDaddy - I hate them as a company, and the interface sucks but it was the cheapest option. I'll move them over to NameCheap or DirectI once they come up for renewal :)

BTW, if you've not been on namecheap in a while, they recently had a major overhaul - they are still doing the control panel I think, but its getting there!

Every crappy TLD that wants to sell you a domain will be "pushed" as the new whatever, but so far none of them have proven to be better than a .com, .net or .org. GoDaddy also had a stake in .me. How many of you have a .me domain, or frequent a .me site? Oh, none of you? What a surprise.

Same thing with .co, .cc .ws - the "new" anything.

I'm pushing the adoption of .poo, reserved for sites that really deserve the extension.

Top Bottom