1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMF User Forums - Virtual User Forums or Simple User Blogs [Paid] 1.0.2

Virtual sub-forums can be created for each user. It can be used as a simple user blogs.

1. Yoskaldyr

Yoskaldyr Well-Known Member

Yoskaldyr submitted a new resource:

CMF User Forums - Virtual User Forums or Simple User Blogs - Virtual sub-forums can be created for each user. It can be used as a simple user blogs.

Read more about this resource...

Mirovinger likes this.
  2. Newt

Newt Active Member

Looks good, are (other people's) comments nested, or replies as normal posts (not sure if the russian forums use your nested comments addon)?

3. Yoskaldyr

This add-on is only for creating of virtual sub-forums for users. For nested comments you can use my other add-on
    On both sites (here and here) both add-ons are installed (CMF User Forums and CMF Threads)

4. Newt

Newt Active Member

Okay, so they both work fine together.
    Just, how are subforums created? Via admins or users/usergroups?
    Thanks

5. Yoskaldyr

Virtual sub forum is auto-created when user post a new thread.

Newt likes this.
  6. Yoskaldyr

Mirovinger likes this.
  7. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh Well-Known Member

Later on, if i decide to remove this addon, what will happen to the blog entries?

8. Yoskaldyr

Blog entries and virtual forums will be a normal threads

Neutral Singh likes this.
  9. Neutral Singh

I bought it and like what it does... going forward, how can the homepage be developed further...

10. Yoskaldyr

What exactly do you want in the next versions?

11. Neutral Singh

In it present avatar, the homepage screen for intended blogs looks very simple... here: Blogs | Sikh Philosophy Network

Would it be possible to add some sidebar blocks like recent blogs, blog categories etc. to put some life the home screen or can this add-on made compatible with Widget Framework (here: [bd] Widget Framework). Anything like this would make

Thank you.

12. Yoskaldyr

This page looks like this because main feature of this add-on is a creating of virtual forums for users. And page looks like general forum list.
    Yes it can be used as user blogs but these blogs are very simple.
    You can use one of existing widgets for displaying recent threads in selected forums because blog entries are general xenforo threads.

13. Neutral Singh

How to do it? Thanks

14. Yoskaldyr

I have to install bd widget framework and look into existing widgets. Than I will answer here what widget you can use and how to configure it.

15. Neutral Singh

16. Yoskaldyr

You can use a standard "New Threads" widget and select only user blogs forum
    2015-07-23_21-33-05.png

Widget is very customizable, so you can adopt it to your needs.

17. Neutral Singh

No widget is showing up in the blogs forum... Blogs | Sikh Philosophy Network

There is something which is blocking it from showing on this forum when you addon is turned on. Disabling your addon, starts showing everything as it should be... Were you able to check it on your XF forum?

18. Yoskaldyr

You must use a proper position for the widget:

2015-07-24_01-42-56.png

19. Neutral Singh

Woohoooo! now it works! This makes it a killer must have add-on for simple blogs! i think, you should put this information in the add-on description. Would make a huge impact on your sales.

Thank you! (y)

All the best!

Yoskaldyr likes this.
  20. icratox

icratox Member

Hello, the addon looks interesting. How are the virtual subforums sorted however? Will the subforums with the latest entry show on top of the others, or are they sorted in a different way?

Also, is it possible to import VBulleting blogs?