1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloudflare

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by AlphaZealot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AlphaZealot

AlphaZealot Member

Recently under a heavy DDoS attack. Anything I should know about Cloudflare and how it interacts with Xenforo?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Don't enable Rocket Loader.
    And is it your xenForo site under attack or is it a word press blog that is also being hosted on your server (shared, VPS, etc)?

RoldanLT likes this.
  3. AlphaZealot

AlphaZealot Member

4. Tracy Perry

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Only if Mis-Configured.

6. Tracy Perry

I know that I had problems (even correctly configured) when I used it - that's how I found all the little tweaks. Of course, this was their "free" version. All I use them now for is some pointless WP blogs for DNS. :p

7. RoldanLT

I'm only using their free plan :)
    I consume 100GB+ per month.
    Btw, What's your problem recently?

8. RoldanLT

9. Tracy Perry

I must have hit them at a bad time then because they were having "down" problems frequently. ;)

10. psx

psx Active Member

If they have your direct server IP then I would change the IP and use Cloudflare.

11. Parminder Singh Chahal

Parminder Singh Chahal Active Member

Do not forget to route your mail through a third party when you have your new IP. Consider things like not sending e-mail notifications from the new IP until you arrange a third party mail solution.

Cloud flare wont handle your mail so when some one registers they get an e-mail straight from your own IP and you expose yourself for another potential attack on your new IP. I am not sure about incapsula.

psx likes this.
  12. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Member

I have used Cloudflare extensively over the years and even paid for the full enterprise railgun to see how that went but I only use them for DNS now. They simply couldn't diagnose the faults that occurred only when routed through them, they told me they couldnt log it so I built a workaround myself to find a staggering amount of people having issues connecting to us. DNS has been rock solid, everything else though had issues.
    I have had to deal with DDOS in the past (and have used cloudflare on occasion during ddos) so if you want any pointers etc drop me a PM.