Cloudflare

greenchicken

I have alot of bad bot problems that has really hurt my site on Adsense. I want to use Cloudflare to help.

I am not asking to be spoon fed but I have a couple of questions.
My site uses the domain email and is set to localhost
I store only avatars on the site
I use add.pics add on for images uploaded.
No attachment uploads

When I change DNS will my images work
Will my Admin area work as well as ftp or will I have to setup rules for this to work.
Will I be able to see actual ip's of who is on my site?

Any known issues with the default settings?

Thanks

Add this if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; } to your config.php file in src folder to correctly show IP's. Otherwise, no issues using Cloudflare (just don't activate Rocket Loader in Cloudflare).

Add this if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; } to your config.php file in src folder to correctly show IP's. Otherwise, no issues using Cloudflare (just don't activate Rocket Loader in Cloudflare).
at the bottom of the file?

So is this when I'm seeing IP's in the 24x. to 25x. range? They don't resolve back to anything. Is it a cloudflare IP?

Example 246.152.241.185

Oh, I didn't read it thoroughly. Actually, I have this for years, as I recall it was needed some day. But it doesn't hurt if you have it.

well I installed a free forum software on a domain that I had hanging around and did the DNS change . I signed up on that newly created forum and it shows the registration ip as cloudflare but it then shows the last used ip as my ip. Google came aroud with their crawlers and it showed the ip as googles ip I added an image to that forum and no problems

With or without if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; } ?

With or without if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; } ?
on this free forum software MYBB works great out of the box no tweaking required send me a pm and I will send you admin login, I will delete the forum tomorrow

just to follow up on this after adding cloudflare to my big forum

Some ip addresses look weird but when you click on them you can still see their location and ip info
I paid for the pro plan, and use Super Bot Fight mode

NZIZVTI.png

12 hours ago I had over 1k guests which I knew alot were bots this morning
ltJiyYq.png

Worth 20 bucks a month to me

Top Bottom