Not a bug "Closed" forum shows in "destination forum" choices

tommydamic68

Not sure if I worded this properly. When choosing to "move" a thread to another forum, you are given the choice of forums that are not available in the node tree which I call closed forums. If one chooses to hide, close or not show a forum then it should not be a choice in the drop down menu.

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 5.12.10 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 5.11.14 AM.webp

A forum isn't closed if it is not displayed in the node tree - it can still be posted in by navigating directly to it.

A forum isn't closed if it is not displayed in the node tree - it can still be posted in by navigating directly to it.
So if the forum owner chooses to not display in the node tree, why would it be displayed here in the drop down menu? What would be the purpose.

As the option states, it is purely limited to not displaying it in the node list.

I couldn't comment on how anyone uses the feature, I don't use it personally.

Forums invisible in the node tree? I use that to have archive forums, it's faster than editing permissions imo.
I also use this option to create new forums for an update. I keep them invisible that way but knowing the address, I can still use it and again, it's faster than editing permissions. When I'm done, I just display it in the nodetree and I'm fine ;)

Top Bottom