• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Close thread after specified number of days

Phillip

I'm looking for a mod that will automatically close a thread after a specified number of days without any posts.

Also, ideally I'd like a notice shown on these pages that the thread is closed for inactivity after so many days and if you'd like to reopen, please contact a moderator.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

mrGTB

I'm looking for a mod that will automatically close a thread after a specified number of days without any posts.
Might sound like a dumb question, but why?

A forum is for discussion and closing threads auto after so many days is only going to limit the chance of that ever happening.

mrGTB

We have threads that are over ten years old and would like to prevent people from bumping old threads after a period of time.
Right, understand that. When you said locking threads after (days), presumed you was meaning something daft like 4-5 days. Hence the WHY?

10 years is a bit different.

Phillip

10 years is a bit different.
Yes, I'd like to automatically lock threads after a year or more of inactivity and then have a notice displayed explaining the locked thread and directing them to post a new discussion.

Hopefully someone can assist. I'm sure this is a feature that many would be interested in.