• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Close forum threads after x days of inactivity 1.0

No permission to download
Close thread in selected forum based in time past from last post in thread.

dbembibre

dbembibre submitted a new resource:

Close forum threads after x days of inactivity - Close thread in selected forum based in time past from last post in thread.

This my first plugin for xenforo, im not a php programmer :D, please use under your own risk. I develop this plugin for my busy trade forums, i testit for a week and all seems to be well.
This add-on close automatically threads in desired forums based in time past from last post in thread.

Installation:

1. Upload the CloseThreadCron folder to your XenForo library directory (validate that the CronEntry.php have read permissions).
  2. Import addon-CloseThreadsCron.xml via your...
Read more about this resource...

Jeremy

Very nice idea for an add-on. I would suggest adding a forum chooser into the options, to simplify setting that option. :) I believe I've seen the code already present, would just have to hunt it down.

dbembibre

Very nice idea for an add-on. I would suggest adding a forum chooser into the options, to simplify setting that option. :) I believe I've seen the code already present, would just have to hunt it down.
I don't put a forum chooser because i have a lot of forums (20) to include in the add-on, by this motive i doit in the old vb way :D
Try to add next week. Thanks for the suggestion @King Kovifor ;)

time

great
I think it should be more informed with the topic title in forum_view Close behind and thread_view

and

With the topic was closed, if the correct topic generated topic (or click the refresh button), then reopen the topic

Sorry for my bad english

dbembibre

It's better to go the other way around. Choose which forums to exclude form this.
Thats no have sense for me, i have 100 forums, and only want to apply the addon to 20 forums, you suggest for example that i have to exclude 80 forums in my case.
Im on holidays but i add the forum chooser soon.

gldtn

Any possibility of moving a thread to a specific forum? I sure some of us could use this to send old inactive threads to an archive forum.

Thanks

woei

Has someone tested this on 1.3

What does it do with the threads created before this mod installed or when you change the number of days?

---update---

Works without problems on 1.3 and can confirm it closes the threads created before.

Last edited:

trman

with 1.4.3 I tried to install it and got this error:

Error
Callback CloseThreadCron_CronEntry::runCloseThreads is invalid (Invalid Class).