1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close forum threads after x days of inactivity 1.0

Close thread in selected forum based in time past from last post in thread.

1. dbembibre

dbembibre Active Member

dbembibre submitted a new resource:

Close forum threads after x days of inactivity - Close thread in selected forum based in time past from last post in thread.

Read more about this resource...
    Breixo and Renegade like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Very nice idea for an add-on. I would suggest adding a forum chooser into the options, to simplify setting that option. :) I believe I've seen the code already present, would just have to hunt it down.
    gldtn likes this.
  3. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

This is very nice. I will soon be installing this. :cool:
  4. dbembibre

dbembibre Active Member

I don't put a forum chooser because i have a lot of forums (20) to include in the add-on, by this motive i doit in the old vb way :D
    Try to add next week. Thanks for the suggestion @King Kovifor ;)
  5. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

It's better to go the other way around. Choose which forums to exclude form this.
    gldtn likes this.
  6. time

time Active Member

I think it should be more informed with the topic title in forum_view Close behind and thread_view

With the topic was closed, if the correct topic generated topic (or click the refresh button), then reopen the topic

Sorry for my bad english
  7. dbembibre

dbembibre Active Member

Thats no have sense for me, i have 100 forums, and only want to apply the addon to 20 forums, you suggest for example that i have to exclude 80 forums in my case.
    Im on holidays but i add the forum chooser soon.
    Moshe1010 likes this.
  8. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

What about a soft-delete option instead of closing in the next version? :)
  9. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Any possibility of moving a thread to a specific forum? I sure some of us could use this to send old inactive threads to an archive forum.

Renegade likes this.
  10. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Has someone tested this on 1.3

What does it do with the threads created before this mod installed or when you change the number of days?

Works without problems on 1.3 and can confirm it closes the threads created before.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  11. trman

trman Active Member

with 1.4.3 I tried to install it and got this error:

Callback CloseThreadCron_CronEntry::runCloseThreads is invalid (Invalid Class).