XF 1.4 Clickable area of the tab under the navigation bar

Cirno

Right. First of all, sorry for the non-descriptive title, I'm not too sure of the exact terminologies; I only got into webhosting and xenforo just recently. I have done a bit of searching around and about, and I haven't seemed to run into any threads with the same problem as I have, sadly. Hopefully you guys can lend me a hand. (If this is in the wrong subforum I apologize in advance.)

I've recently been having troubles with the area of a certain bar, the one located under the navbar. Here's a screenshot.
Fig 1..webp
Any buttons in that bar are not clickable beyond a certain point, for some reason. Does anyone know a possible fix, or reason why? This also affects the new thread button, although not depicted in the above screenshot. All this said, I do suspect it is caused by me screwing around with numbers in the css without knowing what I was doing. In that case, which template/style option must I revert/fix in order to repair this?

My site's URL is maestreamc.com, if you need to inspect it further.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

Last edited:
Right. First of all, sorry for the non-descriptive title, I'm not too sure of the exact terminologies; I only got into webhosting and xenforo just recently. I have done a bit of searching around and about, and I haven't seemed to run into any threads with the same problem as I have, sadly. Hopefully you guys can lend me a hand. (If this is in the wrong subforum I apologize in advance.)

I've recently been having troubles with the area of a certain bar, the one located under the navbar. Here's a screenshot.
View attachment 105611
Any buttons in that bar are not clickable beyond a certain point, for some reason. Does anyone know a possible fix, or reason why? This also affects the new thread button, although not depicted in the above screenshot. All this said, I do suspect it is caused by me screwing around with numbers in the css without knowing what I was doing. In that case, which template/style option must I revert/fix in order to repair this?

My site's URL is maestreamc.com, if you need to inspect it further.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
That bar is called a breadcrumb and it looks to be working the way it should be with no problems. (Took a quick look)

It's because you disabled the sub-navigation via an edit. Long story short by default XenForo calculates the height of the navigation tabs times two which is causing an overlapping div, you notice it at the tip top of your sign up now button too.

This would be an appropriate fix:

Code:
html #navigation .pageContent { height: 78px; }

Try with this:
Code:
.breadcrumb .crust {
  z-index: 99999!important;
}
In your EXTRA.css
Before:
View attachment 105625

After:
View attachment 105626

It's because you disabled the sub-navigation via an edit. Long story short by default XenForo calculates the height of the navigation tabs times two which is causing an overlapping div, you notice it at the tip top of your sign up now button too.

This would be an appropriate fix:

Code:
html #navigation .pageContent { height: 78px; }

Thanks both for your help! I'm currently using Russ' solution, as it also fixes a similar problem with the registration button, as he noticed.

Top Bottom