XF 1.2 Clean up, Fresh Start ... ?

rowedf

Hello,

I have a decent size board (around 100k posts) and I just upgraded to 1.2. Things are working well, however, being I jumped on the Xenforo wagon pretty early I went through a lot of experimenting with addons, etc. A lot of times when you uninstall an addon the files stay on the server, the tables don't get dropped, etc so you are left with a lot of unused files and tables. Is there an easy way to clean things up and almost start fresh without having to lose all your posts, members, etc ? I don't mind starting with zero add ons and adding just those that we use for certain. Is there anyone that offers to do these types of services ?

A lot of times when you uninstall an addon the files stay on the server
The files always stay on the server.

They must be manually removed, just as they were manually uploaded.

Doing an XF to XF import for this is overkill.
Simply uninstall the add-ons, delete the files and remove any old tables which are non-core.

That was what I figured I was going to have to do Brogan. I was just looking for an easier way. Trying to upgrade to a new template and all and looking for time savers.

I did this for someone recently. They had an unimaginable amount of unused add-ons still on the file server. I think they had just about downloaded and uploaded every resource ever released for XenForo.

So rather than weed through everything, I uninstalled all the add-ons.... Then deleted everything in the forum root except for /data/ and /import_data/ and of course his config.php file. Then re-uploaded a clean copy of XenForo. From there installed only the add-ons he wanted.

That took care of the file server end of things.

Top Bottom