Clainc

Clainc [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)

DohTheme

DohTheme submitted a new resource:

Corona - Medical Prevention Theme

Mockup.png

Corona – Coronavirus Medical Prevention Theme is To Raise awareness of (2019-nCoV) Standalone template for all Medical Facilities Raise awareness About (2019-nCoV).

[IMG]...

Read more about this resource...

the theme was made to forums which advise people to protect themselves from "Covid19"

People should be seeking advice from accredited sources, not community forums. I'll ask again politely, please change the theme's title, tagline and header.

This is a perfect example of why you might want to reconsider an initial idea first before going public.

People need to understand something...

According to dictionary.com

corona =

1. a white or colored circle or set of concentric circles of light seen around a luminous body, especially around the sun or moon.
  2. Meteorology. such a circle or set of circles having a small radius and ranging in color from blue inside to red outside, attributable to the diffraction caused by thin clouds, mist, or sometimes dust (distinguished from halo).
  3. Also called aureola, aureole. Astronomy. a faintly luminous envelope outside of the sun's chromosphere, the inner part consisting of highly ionized elements.
  4. a long, straight, untapered cigar, rounded at the closed end.
  5. Botany. a crownlike appendage, especially one on the inner side of a corolla, as in the narcissus.
  6. Anatomy. the upper portion or crown of a part, as of the head.

Definition of corona

The name of the theme is corona. That is far different if it was named CoronaVirus or COVID-19.

Think about it, coronavirus will fade into history in a few years and things will be back to normal for us humans.

However, the Corona theme continues to exist in future iterations.

Did you stop buying Corona beer (from Mexico) for the same reason?

Except that the style literally states:

"Corona – Coronavirus Medical Prevention Theme is To Raise awareness of (2019-nCoV) Standalone template for all Medical Facilities Raise awareness About (2019-nCoV). "

@DohTheme you're a talented styler here on XF but I have to say good intentions or not, this is a bit tacky. The single thing that makes this even slightly COVID-19 related is an image not even created by you stuck in the header. Past that it just seems like you're trying to get sales based on the name. I hope you take this as constructive criticism as you do have very nice work overall on XenForo, but the approach to this one seems a bit off. I'd suggest simply renaming it and ditching the Corona approach as it seems like a nice style.

Raising awareness about a virus that is causing the widespread pandemic around the world is considered "tacky"?

That is where I disagree with you.

Are you also suggesting that Corona beer be renamed to something else because you consider the usage of the word 'corona' to be "tacky"?
F.Y.I., Corona beer has been brewed since 1925.

I would support and buy this if only you were donating atleast 50% of the style fees to some sort of Corona cause, like a company donating required items to our first responders or test kits to a hospital.

Are you also suggesting that Corona beer be renamed to something else
F.Y.I., Corona beer has been brewed since 1925.

I have yet to see on it's label - Corona Beer – Coronavirus Medical Prevention Brewing Company

There is also a Corona California. But same thing they are labeling their town as some virus free safe spot.

We changed the theme title, description and header background.

at first, Dohtheme doesn't mean to make only sales or follow any trend the theme was made to forums which advise people to protect themselves from "Covid19" if we make you feel any bad feeling we do apologize.

Best Regards

We changed the theme title, description and header background.

at first, Dohtheme doesn't mean to make only sales or follow any trend the theme was made to forums which advise people to protect themselves from "Covid19" if we make you feel any bad feeling we do apologize.

Best Regards

You might want to have the staff update the OP for you. ;)

Top Bottom