[CinVin] Footer Tweaks [Deleted]

CinVin

CinVin submitted a new resource:

[CinVin] Footer Tweaks - Easily add a dynamic expanded footer

This add-on creates a dynamic expanded footer with multiple columns and easy to set options. All text are phrases for easy translations and most admins will be able to have a great looking footer by selecting options in the ACP. All columns can be specified to automatically hide at a XF defined width (wide/medium/narrow) or to always be shown.

After installing set your options in the ACP at Setup => Options => [CinVin] Footer Tweaks.

At it's simplest, you just need to...

Read more about this resource...

There is an automatic sorting, that makes no sense to me. Home should be at the first place and not after something else with a char before "h" in the alphabet. There should be a trigger to stop this, maybe i have not seen it? The addons from Addonslab have a nice way to sort such things by mouse.
Code:
        // Sort the links by the display title
        $networkTitles = array_column($links, 'title');
        //array_multisort($networkTitles, SORT_NATURAL, $links);

Last edited:
There should be a trigger to stop this, maybe i have not seen it?
It's something I can put on the list the next time I work on it. There's another option I need to add as well so I can add an option to disable the sorting while I'm in there.
The addons from Addonslab have a nice way to sort such things by mouse.
If there is a paid add-on with more features and people need/want those features then they should use the paid add-on. Honestly, I have zero interest in trying to keep a simple freebie add-on on par with commercial products.

I've noticed that my forum name has disappeared from the Terms and Rules section at the bottom. When I was first setting up the forum, the terms and rules seemed to have automatically inserted the forum name into them. Now that has gone and it just says "Service" instead. Just wondering why that has changed. I had added a disclaimer to extra_copyright - but deleted that again so it was back to how it was before, but it still just says "Service". Also how do I change/adapt the Terms and Rules to add a few of my own? Or do people just leave those as they are and set up their own forum rules elsewhere?

I've noticed that my forum name has disappeared from the Terms and Rules section at the bottom. When I was first setting up the forum, the terms and rules seemed to have automatically inserted the forum name into them. Now that has gone and it just says "Service" instead. Just wondering why that has changed. I had added a disclaimer to extra_copyright - but deleted that again so it was back to how it was before, but it still just says "Service". Also how do I change/adapt the Terms and Rules to add a few of my own? Or do people just leave those as they are and set up their own forum rules elsewhere?
This add-on doesn't do anything with the T&S page, just the footer. Are you talking about a different add-on or did you post in the wrong thread? 🤔

I haven't used an addon - I edited extra_copyright. But then removed what I'd added. I'm not actually sure when the forum name disappeared from Terms and Rules - only just noticed it. But must be something I did as it had my forum name automatically in there before!

CinVin updated [CinVin] Footer Tweaks with a new update entry:

1.0.6 - New Options, Tweaked CSS

New options added since the 1.0.3 public release...

New: Option in the 'Network' Column to automatically sort the list of links by their Title value
This way you can add a bunch of links without trying to add them manually in alphabetic order.

New: Option in the 'Network' Column to flag the links as rel="nofollow"
For SEO purposes you might want mark the links as rel="nofollow" - some search engines might not like having external links on every...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom