Chrome's Zoom and Xenforo - what Zoom level do you like ?

Digital Doctor

I love using Xenforo.com at zoom of 125%. Everything looks so nice. Nice big fonts .. it just seems so right.

Try it !
Chrome remembers your Zoom level so once you Zoom a website it'll stay like that.
Note: to Zoom in Windows, I use [Crtl] + mouse wheel (handy shortcut).

xenforo.chrome.zoom.settings.webp

Do you Zoom ?

If you like Zoomed in Xenforo ... when you are surfing a vBulletin forum ... hit [Crtl]+[Alt]+[Del] 3 times fast ... it helps alot, IMO.

While it works nicely at times, it does cause design issues on some sites.

Some sprites show incorrectly. Sometimes there are odd horizontal lines in other places, etc. If you don't mind overlooking graphical glitches, it certainly is good for the eyes!

While it works nicely at times, it does cause design issues on some sites.

Some sprites show incorrectly, sometimes there are odd horizontal lines in places etc. If you don't mind overlooking graphical glitches, it certainly is good for the eyes!

If you see examples ... please post them here. THX.

If you see examples ... please post them here. THX.

Try the site in my sig... Look at the read/unread indicators.

Click on a thread including a quote in it, you'll see the horizontal line. Hover over a link in the sub-nav bar and you'll see odd shifting.. There are others...

Interestingly, you can use 110% zoom and these glitches go away.. The jump to 125% causes some shifting, and it all depends on the site style obviously. YMMV!

Try the site in my sig... Look at the read/unread indicators.
tiny.defect.chrome.zoom.WTF.com.webp
Note: when I zoom in further it actually goes away !

Click on a thread including a quote in it, you'll see the horizontal line. Hover over a link in the sub-nav bar and you'll see odd shifting.. There are others...
I couldn't see either of these ... and I zoomed to 200% !
I wonder if it is screen resolution dependent ? OS dependent ?
This is a Windows Vista box.

Firefox has a zoom option too. You can either press CTRL along with either + or - (zoom in or zoom out). The only thing is Firefox doesn't remember that zoom level so you have to install a small add-on

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-UK/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/?src=userprofile

Now keep in mind I use a large 32" TV for my computer monitor (kind of cool in 1080 HD True Color). And with a screen that large, every website looks small at a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 16:9

So by default I have all my browsers zoomed at 150%

Anyone know (or could compare) fluid or fixed styles and the relationship to how easy they zoom ?
To me, adminextra.com zooms well. So does Xenforo.com

Top Bottom