Chris Hadfield, Commander of the ISS - Shameless Plug

dangonay

As a Canadian it's good to see fellow Canadians doing well. Chris Hadfield just took over as Commander of the ISS for his final 3 months. It seems like he can do noting wrong up there.

He plays guitar and records songs with mainstream musicians from orbit, speaks Russian and French, was a former test pilot (he attended the USAF Test Pilot School at Edwards Air Force Base where he was granted the Liethen-Tittle Award for top pilot graduate and was named Top US Navy Test Pilot Of The Year in 1991), has a degree in mechanical engineering and a masters in avionics and the list goes on.

He's been regularly tweeting from the ISS and has a growing portfolio of incredible pictures he takes each day. He even shares a few humorous tweets with William Shatner and other Trek cast members (telling 'Wesley Crusher' he's "not supposed to be on the bridge and should go back to engineering") or Shatner that the ISS is "maintaining standard orbit, Captain".

He's gone from nothing to over half a million followers and growing, so I'm doing my bit to see how fast he can hit 1 million. He's someone who's actually worth following as opposed to the useless celebrities tweeting about whose party they're attending or what designer dress they just bought.

@Cmdr_Hadfield if you're interested.

He plays guitar and records songs with mainstream musicians from orbit, speaks Russian and French, was a former test pilot (he attended the USAF Test Pilot School at Edwards Air Force Base where he was granted the Liethen-Tittle Award for top pilot graduate and was named Top US Navy Test Pilot Of The Year in 1991), has a degree in mechanical engineering and a masters in avionics and the list goes on.

You forgot "*****in stache"

If I had a Magnum PI soup strainer like that, I'd put it on my resume.

I remember watching a vid cast some months back before he was due to be launched to the ISS. He is a very intelligent and passionate guy and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to what he had to say. I highly recommend giving this a watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Commander Hadfield returns tomorrow and records a version of Space Oddity before leaving.

So much win.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guy's done a fantastic job of getting NASA and the CSA in a more public and open light. I've been watching his broadcasts where he takes questions from Canadian schools, and then shows them stuff (e.g drinking in space, how they brush their teeth, that super long tour of the space station's different areas, etc. The photos he's been posting on twitter have been amazing as well!

Really hope they can get more people like Chris up there, he's made the last couple of months really interesting!

Top Bottom