Resource icon

Chinese & Japanese Search using NGRAM only.

ShikiSuen

ShikiSuen submitted a new resource:

Chinese & Japanese Search using NGRAM only. - Chinese & Japanese Search using NGRAM without Xenforo Enhanced Search and Elasticsearch.

Chinese & Japanese Search using NGRAM (without Xenforo Enhanced Search and Elasticsearch)

Xenforo Enhanced Search (Xf-ES) and Elasticsearch are made for huge forums. It is not financially optimized to buy them for small forums. Since some retail users bought Xf-ES only for their purposes of achieving Chinese / Japanese search functions, here comes my solution of achieving it without Xf-ES.

(This can really save a lot of money for those customers living in...

Read more about this resource...

P.S.: I made this trick and tested it through a nulled Xf 2.1.6 on my laptop, and this made me finally decided to buy Xenforo right away (last night) for my server to replace vBulletin 3.8.11 for my forum.

(It has been almost 10 years since the first time I post to this forum asking how to buy xenForo.)

I personally wanna suggest Xf devs to 1) use utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci in lieu of utf8mb4_general_ci ; 2) give users a choice to enable / disable NGRAM through adminCP.

Last edited:
Considering that this method may scramble the integrity of the keywords, please quote the keywords using half-width quotation marks prior to performing a search.

@Chris D Could you please tell me whether there are more tables require similar index-rebuilt if having XenForo Resource Manager and Media Gallery installed?

Top Bottom