Checking out the Demo before purchase

Dominic

Is there anyway to send mass PMs to memebrs? I usually prefer doing this so i can let them know what is going on on my site and I was told there wasn't a way to do so.

I've noticed with the pretty transitions of the software there seems to be a delay in posting. I am a member of a few xenforo ran forums and I notice that when i hit post, it takes a few secodns for it to actually post and the bar at the top loads. Is there a way to speed that up?

Enjoying the demo.

There's no function to send a mass message like that within XenForo at this time and I don't believe there's an add-on to handle that either.

The AJAX is quick in most instances. Any slowness comes down to that particular site, what add-ons it has or any other services running at the time, how much traffic, and other factors that play into it. It depends on how many many seconds you're talking about there and whether it's what I mentioned above, or how long it naturally takes to submit the post and display it to you. I've rarely ever seen it take longer than a 2 seconds here and often submits in less than one.

On my site, vB4 was slow but XF is mad fast !
On another site I help out on ... they move from vB3 to Xenforo and everyone is loving Xenforo.

Is there anyway to send mass PMs to memebrs? I usually prefer doing this so i can let them know what is going on on my site and I was told there wasn't a way to do so.

This depends on what you want to accomplish.

I think it depends where your members are ... on the site ... or not.

If they are on the site: A Notice could do the trick.
If there is something you need to discuss urgently ... you could point the notice to a thread you want people to read.

If they are not online .... probably only an email would do the trick, or a newsletter.
Mass alerts or PMs will only be seen if the person returns to the site.

If you want .. you could create an admin only thread for announcements and then tell everyone to "Watch" it and tell them to select the "notify by email option".

Top Bottom