1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Check for similar thread before posting a new one 1.0

Check for similar thread before posting a new one

1. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

vinavb submitted a new resource:

Check for similar thread before posting a new one (version 1.0) - Check for similar thread before posting a new one

Read more about this resource...

Non Guru, nrep, Wulfspider and 3 others like this.
  2. tramp010

tramp010 Member

sorry​

3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I'm just reading the mod features and Im puzzled.
    Does this only show threads you are already subscribed to that are similar? If so, then this is not quite as useful as I thought it was going to be.

I hope that it also shows similar threads I am not subscribed to?

4. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

you can try it with your site
    @ tramp010: pls remove your comment
    xenforo not like it :mad:

tramp010 likes this.
  5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I dont want to try it unless it shows me all similar threads - that is threads im subscribed to AND threads im not. I dont see the point in only showing subscribed threads.

6. anhbeu

anhbeu New Member

it not work with XenForo Enhanced Search

7. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

vinavb,

Can you please phrase your add-on so it's easier for us to translate? There are two hard coded phrase in the check_similar_threads template

Also; "hover over the title and it gives a little preview of the thread's content" doesn't seem to be working here on my end, tested both on firefox and chrome.

8. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Seems to work fine for me. Does it work with user permissions (i.e. can users only see threads from the forums they have access to??)

9. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

This is a very important addon! Thanks for sharing your great product. There are two suggestions:

1. It currently does not work not on my xenforo enhanced search forum.

2. Currently it adds the required javascript to all forum pages, not only the thread create page where it is needed. Quick Fix: Replace in Listener.php
    PHP:
    if($templateName=='thread_create')
    {
    $content str_replace('data-previewUrl''id="checkST" data-previewUrl'$content);
    $content str_replace('<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth">''<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth" id="checkST-result"></dl><dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth"><script type="text/javascript" src="js/xenforo/check.js"></script>'$content);
    }
    /* if ($templateName=='PAGE_CONTAINER')
    {
    $content = str_replace('<!--XenForo_Require:JS-->', '<script type="text/javascript" src="js/xenforo/check.js"></script>'."\n<!--XenForo_Require:JS-->", $content);
    }
    */ 

Digital Doctor and Rob like this.
  10. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

There appears to be a little language barrier with the mod creator so, does anyone know if this shows all similar threads or only those you are subscribed to (it kinda alludes to that in the description). I am trying to understand before I actually install this.

11. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

I tested it on localhost and it shows all similar threads, and it seems that it do nothing with subscribed or not subscribed.

12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Interesting problem.

13. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

The product checks the mysql search index which enhanced search does not use.

14. Digital Doctor

VinavB maybe update the Description saying enhanced search [not fully supported yet] ?

15. Kent

Kent Active Member

This mod appears to display threads the user doesn't have access to, though only the title (and ID) of the threads are exposed.

16. Digital Doctor

Might be fun for the members to read the admin forum titles by guessing the topics ! :)

17. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

Haha, well that's no good... we'll have to figure out a fix for that.

Here's a quick fix for excluding forum nodes from the results.
    Edit the library/Check/Main.php file with the metadata changes below.
    Change the number for each _md_node_10 and add additional rows if desired.
    PHP:
                $threads $db->fetchAll("
                    SELECT search_index.content_id AS thread_id, search_index.title,
                    thread.user_id, thread.username, thread.node_id, forum.title AS ftitle,
                    MATCH(search_index.title) AGAINST ('
    $safetitle' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS score
                    FROM xf_search_index AS search_index
                    INNER JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id=search_index.content_id)
                    INNER JOIN xf_node AS forum ON (forum.node_id=thread.node_id)
                    WHERE MATCH(search_index.title) AGAINST ('
    $safetitle' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
                    AND search_index.metadata NOT LIKE '%_md_node_10%'
                    AND search_index.metadata NOT LIKE '%_md_node_11%'
                    AND search_index.content_type='thread' HAVING score >= 1
                    ORDER BY search_index.content_id DESC
                    LIMIT 
    {$options->checkst_max_results}
                "
    );

Kent likes this.
  18. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

Veer and Wulfspider like this.
  19. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a need of the option to check subscribed/watched threads, instead you can add option to check "Users own created threads". Otherwise it is fine as it work now. :)

20. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

yea, I will think about it, thread subscribe filter maybe not a good idea.