Charm

Charm 1.5.1

No permission to download
I see some missing elements, so whether your browser doesn't load them or your style is missing them. Probably add-on is not coded well so it looks bad on mobile.

Good point, could be the ExtraPortal add-on that's causing it. Did not think of that.

I am trying to install this on my forum, but get the following error:
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/dev/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 41
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesByRouteType() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 54
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesForRouteCache() in XenForo/Link.php at line 487
XenForo_Link::_loadHandlerInfoForGroup() in XenForo/Link.php at line 404
XenForo_Link::_getPrefixHandler() in XenForo/Link.php at line 370
XenForo_Link::_buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 97
XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 197
XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 635
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/dev/admin.php at line 13

I have followed the instructions in the main post, and uploaded the "charm" folder to /styles/default/ (which seems strange, as most styles simply go in the /styles/ folder, but that is what the instructions say), and then attempted to import a new style (no parent) by using style-Charm.xml but after a brief pause I get the above error.

I have installed many styles and add-ons without problem before, so I'm sure I'm following the correct procedure. I just updated my forum to 1.5.1, and that went ok.

Can anyone help? Are the initial instructions wrong, and the "charm" folder should actually go in /styles/ ?

Thanks.

I am trying to install this on my forum, but get the following error:
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/dev/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 41
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesByRouteType() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 54
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesForRouteCache() in XenForo/Link.php at line 487
XenForo_Link::_loadHandlerInfoForGroup() in XenForo/Link.php at line 404
XenForo_Link::_getPrefixHandler() in XenForo/Link.php at line 370
XenForo_Link::_buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 97
XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 197
XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 635
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/dev/admin.php at line 13

I have followed the instructions in the main post, and uploaded the "charm" folder to /styles/default/ (which seems strange, as most styles simply go in the /styles/ folder, but that is what the instructions say), and then attempted to import a new style (no parent) by using style-Charm.xml but after a brief pause I get the above error.

I have installed many styles and add-ons without problem before, so I'm sure I'm following the correct procedure. I just updated my forum to 1.5.1, and that went ok.

Can anyone help? Are the initial instructions wrong, and the "charm" folder should actually go in /styles/ ?

Thanks.
This is not style related. Please post in an appropriate forum.

This is not style related. Please post in an appropriate forum.
OK - I just thought it must be related to this style, as I was able to install 3 other styles (Soft Responsive, Latte, and Soft Responsive Coffee Edition) and update XenForo with no problems, but trying to install this style gave the above error.

Can I just check - should there be so little in the Charm folder? There is just a single folder in there - "widgets" - and that only has 3 files in there (node-icon.png, node-icon@2x.png, and quicknav.svg). Other than the style-Charm.xml file in the root "charm" folder, there is nothing else. Is this right? It seems very little compared to other styles, so just wanted to check. It's probably just because this is such a clean, lightweight style, but I thought I should check before posting a thread asking for help :)

Last edited:
Can I just check - should there be so little in the Charm folder? There is just a single folder in there - "widgets" - and that only has 3 files in there (node-icon.png, node-icon@2x.png, and quicknav.svg). Other than the style-Charm.xml file in the root "charm" folder, there is nothing else. Is this right?
Yes. Style has only 3 custom images. All the other things were done with pure CSS.

Top Bottom