XF 2.2 Character Limit for Page Nodes?

Matthew Hutchinson

Is there a maximum character limit for Page nodes? I'm having trouble creating a rather long one. If I remove one of my paragraphs, it saves without issue. If I keep the extra text, XF returns this error:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

I've done a few revisions of the page I'm trying to create and ruled out character limit as the problem. There's something about the combination of three specific words in this sentence that keeps generating the error:

"I spent the next three years wrapping my head around the differences between DAZ Studio and Poser."

If I end the sentence after the words, "wrapping my", then I can save the page without issue. If I add the word "head", I get the error. Is XF interpretting "wrappying my head" as some kind of innuendo?

I re-wrote the sentence to read, "I spent the next three years leaning the differences between DAZ Studio and Poser," and was able to save the page without issue.

Is there a maximum character limit for Page nodes? I'm having trouble creating a rather long one.

I've done a few revisions of the page I'm trying to create and ruled out character limit as the problem.

The character limit for page nodes may not have been your problem but now I am having it.

I get...

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a message with no more than 15000 characters."

...when trying to safe the page. Where can I raise the limit? Did not find anything in the backend or the documentation.

Ok, thank you! That's good to know! In this case the issue is probably related to using the Plugin "BB Code Pages" by @Xon in my case. I was already wondering if that may be the case as the 15.000 character limit is exactly what is the limit for posts in my forum.

Ok, thank you! That's good to know! In this case the issue is probably related to using the Plugin "BB Code Pages" by @Xon in my case. I was already wondering if that may be the case as the 15.000 character limit is exactly what is the limit for posts in my forum.
bb-code content all has the same character limit; and my bb-code pages add-on doesn't override the max message length when rendering/saving pages.

bb-code content all has the same character limit;
Not totally sure about that as I did write and safe the affected content as an article first and successfully safed it (as articles can and do have a different character limit) and then did a c+p to create a page which did result in the above error message. But that's probably unrelated to the topic of this thread and anyways the root cause of the error message is successfully found.

Top Bottom