XF 2.2 Changing username to random usernames

EchoRomeo

I'd ideally like to be able to change all instances of one specific username to a random username out of a set of existing usernames. I don't suppose anyone knows a way to do this?

So to clarify you want a database of usernames that are randomly generated at every x interval or x action? This goes further because you only want to target a a specific instance of one specific username?

I think this might be better suited in the plugin development area with some further detailing of what you're after.

Please elaborate

Sure - I created a brand new forum and have no users at all so far. I really just thought this would be neat to try but with each day that passes am thinking I won't renew my XenForo Cloud subscription and give up on this.

Anyways, in an attempt to seed my forum with content I used ChatGPT to generate questions that users (if they existed) might ask. I then used the AI Bots add-on to automate responses to the fake user questions. I also created a bunch of fake usernames. All the fake posts/replies are explicitly identified "bots" right now, but I was thinking that if I could replace the bots with a variety of fake user names, it might make the forum appear more realistically used by humans.

In order to update all the posts/replies I have with fake usernames, I'll need some kind of code that takes one username (i.e., the bot used throughout) and replaces it with a random "realistic" username to make the whole thing look more like human content.

I know, it's a deceptive approach, but I'm doubtful of the viability of my site at this point and don't have anything to lose by farting around with fake seeded content like this. As I said, will delete the site shortly. If you have code that can do what I'm requesting, I'd really appreciate it and will test it out/keep trying to get traffic to my site. Thank you!

As I said, will delete the site shortly. If you have code that can do what I'm requesting, I'd really appreciate it and will test it out/keep trying to get traffic to my site. Thank you!
If you are going to delete the site, then I doubt it's worth spending money on a developer to create code that is unlikely to help anyway. Even if it's possible.

If you are going to delete the site, then I doubt it's worth spending money on a developer to create code that is unlikely to help anyway. Even if it's possible.

Thanks - I agree. Just wasn't sure if this was relatively simple to do. I wasn't planning on paying anyone for this capability.

Top Bottom