XF 1.2 Changing url and directories

Right now all of my xenforo stuff is in mydomain.com/forums. My only problem with that is some things like members, and certain add-ons always have the /forums/ directory in front of it. I want to move everything for xenForo to my website's root directory (up one directory from where it currently is), so that way I don't have forums/ in front of everything.

My question is this, though: I still want my forum index to stay in mywebsite.com/forums, and I want to use my homepage as a portal from an add-on. After I move everything to my website's root directory, do I make my forum index still be located at /forums, while allowing the homepage to be somehting else?

I understand if the 2nd part of the question should be directed at the add-on (xenPorta, for whatever it's worth), but could you explain what I need to do for the first part at least?

Right now all of my xenforo stuff is in mydomain.com/forums. My only problem with that is some things like members, and certain add-ons always have the /forums/ directory in front of it. I want to move everything for xenForo to my website's root directory (up one directory from where it currently is), so that way I don't have forums/ in front of everything.

My question is this, though: I still want my forum index to stay in mywebsite.com/forums, and I want to use my homepage as a portal from an add-on. After I move everything to my website's root directory, do I make my forum index still be located at /forums, while allowing the homepage to be somehting else?

I understand if the 2nd part of the question should be directed at the add-on (xenPorta, for whatever it's worth), but could you explain what I need to do for the first part at least?

That would be easy. First of all upload the forums folder from your server space to your pc and then upload the folders inside it to the root of your /public_html/ or /www/ folder in your server space maintaing the structure intact. Then go to your Acp->Options->Basic Board Information->Board URL and adjust the url here accordingly.

Then as next step, at the same place find this option: Index Page Route and change forums/ to portal/ then save the changes and you are done.

Note that portal is for xenporta mod. For other mods you should replace portal with whatever name they use as page route.

Top Bottom