1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Changing title bar

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Bionic Rooster, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

How would I go about changing the title in the title bar? I've changed it in Basic Board Information but that hasn't changed anything
    Screenshot_1.jpg

2. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

changing text is all done by phrases , i would suggest to looki into phrases and change the one that matches the most with the title :)

3. Bionic Rooster

Not in this case I don't think, there is nothing I can find in phrases that has to do with the board title. If I change the board title it should change in forum page but it doesn't, it stays the same in the div class titlebar

4. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

one second i will look it into my site and teel u it

5. Bionic Rooster

Where is this file found?
    Screenshot_2.jpg

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Changing it using the Basic Board Information options is the correct way and should have changed it.

Have you tried looking at the forum on the default style?

7. Bionic Rooster

Yes I tried the default and it didn't change it there either

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm presuming your screenshot is of the forum list. Are there any add-ons that you can think of that may be involved?

9. Bionic Rooster

Yeah it's the forum list page. I've uninstalled all add ons and resaved the option but nothing seems to change.
    Any idea what html file this is? Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If updating the Board Title doesn't change it then that would suggest one of three things: an outdated template, an edited template, or a template modification which is overriding it.

The very first line in the forum_list template shows where it is pulled from:
    Code:
    <xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>

11. Bionic Rooster

@Brogan Thanks, I'll have a look, the forum_list in default shows some green patches which I assume are edits or modifications? Nothing about boardTitle had been changed though.