Changing the location of our installation

The Dark Wizard

Hello!

We would like to relocate the files from the root directory to for example /community so we can setup the landing page we are creating on the root.

Is there anything I should know/need to change for everything to work correctly?

Is there a way to easily edit all the links in the style that work trying to find images in a location that doesnt exist(A mass way of adding/folder/ to all those style links)

Move the files.
Update the Board URL in the ACP.
Set up redirects.

Which links do you mean?

Every link that is calling an image. The folder is like in root/images but now it would be in community/images . . .

Suddenly a lot of links need to have the word "community" put in them or the style breaks.

In which case you will have to manually update them.

If you have a copy of the templates on your PC, you can use Notepad++ to do a find and replace on all the files in a folder.

In which case you will have to manually update them.

If you have a copy of the templates on your PC, you can use Notepad++ to do a find and replace on all the files in a folder.

That was what I was thinking about, was also thinking about WebDAV with Dreamweaver. We were just being lazy since it was not going to be released to the public but I wanted to see if there was an easy way out :/....

Thanks Brogan!

Top Bottom