1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the location of our installation

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by The Dark Wizard, Mar 15, 2013.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Hello!

We would like to relocate the files from the root directory to for example /community so we can setup the landing page we are creating on the root.

Is there anything I should know/need to change for everything to work correctly?

Is there a way to easily edit all the links in the style that work trying to find images in a location that doesnt exist(A mass way of adding/folder/ to all those style links)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Move the files.
    Update the Board URL in the ACP.
    Set up redirects.

Which links do you mean?

3. The Dark Wizard

Every link that is calling an image. The folder is like in root/images but now it would be in community/images . . .

Suddenly a lot of links need to have the word "community" put in them or the style breaks.

4. Brogan

The links are relative and not hard coded, so they will all automatically update.

5. The Dark Wizard

Not if we were using absolute links like morons :<........Thankfully a good chunk of them were relative.

6. The Dark Wizard

There was a lot of nonesense involved and stuff with our CDN and just got really sloppy. We will just have to sit down and clean it up little by little I guess.

7. Brogan

In which case you will have to manually update them.

If you have a copy of the templates on your PC, you can use Notepad++ to do a find and replace on all the files in a folder.

8. The Dark Wizard

That was what I was thinking about, was also thinking about WebDAV with Dreamweaver. We were just being lazy since it was not going to be released to the public but I wanted to see if there was an easy way out :/....

Thanks Brogan!

9. Brogan

Or you could update the .xml and reimport it?

10. The Dark Wizard

I will try that :D!