XF 2.1 Changing picture on categories' from speech bubbles

At the moment my forum is a bit boring and all the categories are all pictures of just speech bubbles, I've seen others that are shopping bags, lips etc etc and just wondered if someone wouldn't mind talking me through how to change mine please? thank you

By categories do you mean nodes?

Do you want to change them all to the same icon?

Or have a specific icon per node?

This will change all standard discussion forums from the speech bubble to another font awesome icon:

Less:
.node--forum .node-icon .fa-comments::before,
.subNodeLink--forum .node-icon .fa-comments::before,
.subNodeLink.subNodeLink--forum:before,
.structItem-status--discussion::before,
.inputTypes-display--type_discussion .fa-comments:before,
.fa-comment:before
{
    .m-faContent(@fa-var-comments-alt);
}

You can use the node ID to target specific nodes, like so:

Less:
.node--id2 .node-icon .fa-comments:before
{
    .m-faContent(@fa-var-comments-alt);
}

Hello,

Is it wrong to code like this ?
Less:
.node.node--id57 { &.node--forum { .node-icon i:before {
    .m-faBase();
    .m-faContent(@fa-var-bullhorn);
    } } }
What's the interest to put these ?
Less:
.structItem-status--discussion::before,
.inputTypes-display--type_discussion .fa-comments:before,
.fa-comment:before
Thanks

Thank you very much, the FA icons look great.

Do all the Nodes have IDs and if so how do I know what they are? I am going to give this a try this morning, thanks again for your help.

I've just tried the top code and it didn't make any changes to the icons at all, I just copied and pasted it into the extra.less template and pressed save , I think this might be a bit too tricky until I have more experience!

I've just tried the top code and it didn't make any changes to the icons at all, I just copied and pasted it into the extra.less template and pressed save , I think this might be a bit too tricky until I have more experience!
Post a link to your site and have a list of the icons you want for each forum and the code will be provided.

Last edited:
Thank you, we have about 150 Nodes and I would like different icons for the first ten ideally, the first one is

<i class="fas fa-coffee"></i>​

What is the node number for that one? Hover over the node title and look at the link showing at the bottom of your browser to get the node number.We will start with one and see it if works.

Top Bottom