changing forum style colours guide for dummies?

just a nice darkish theme! :( that uses the default theme ( think it works well )

Dark styles are hard to get correct if you're not experienced with the style system, I would suggest browsing through some of the styles that are released currently and modify those, leaving credit where needed of course but... I know I customized Flexile Dark a ton to my liking.

just a nice darkish theme! :( that uses the default theme ( think it works well )

The Flexile dark skin is an excellent option, however if you are after something more unique and special to your site, I can understand.

Do you want it to be warm or cool?

Do you have a highlight colour in mind?

What is your forum about? What would work for a Dog Breed site might be quite different to a Call of Duty or Gaming Clan site.

The Flexile dark skin is an excellent option, however if you are after something more unique and special to your site, I can understand.

Do you want it to be warm or cool?

Do you have a highlight colour in mind?

What is your forum about? What would work for a Dog Breed site might be quite different to a Call of Duty or Gaming Clan site.
Hello kim, its going to be about the EA Battlefield Series :)! and unsure about warm or cool? and colour? i guess a green or blue? current latest Battlefield release has a kind of nice blue within the logo etc

It's quicker if you can do a mock up on some graphical programs like Gimp/photoshop. AT least you know exactly what you're coloring. Once you got the look you want, you're only left with finding the right properties to edit in Xenforo. Instead of doing both at once.

Hello kim, its going to be about the EA Battlefield Series :)! and unsure about warm or cool? and colour? i guess a green or blue? current latest Battlefield release has a kind of nice blue within the logo etc

OK.. well that is a good starting point.

I just quickly googled EA Battlefield Series and found an image I liked the look of (now I have no idea about copyright of screenshots from games.. or if this is an official fan release or whatever, you would have to make sure it was OK to use whatever image you used.. this is an example!) And used that to get the colours for the style..

Here is what I came up with in Photoshop in about 20 minutes using the background image as inspiration...

concept.webp

So you could do something similar using a screenshot or some official EA released images that are OK for Fan sites :)

To code this up in Xenforo shouldn't take long at all.

Kim that does look nice an clean! your very good.. i wish i had the time so i could learn photoshop, i only no the basics, and i used to be very good with vbulletin, but family just taken over my life! its not a bad thing! but does have its draw backs when it comes to things like this!

Well you may use that design if you like it, you will just have to find out if it is OK to use the background image - but all the rest.. go for it ;)

hahaha.. Family, good for keeping you occupied! :)

I wouldnt know where to being in copying it over, easily could add the colours i guess! but xenforo to me seems to advanced! lol

Turning the above into a skin is definately possible for you or indeed anyone with Xenforo... mostly using the Style Properties :)

I think I might do this style as a "how to guide"

Top Bottom