XF 1.2 Changing forum icons?

C.Stanley

I am trying to figure out how to change my forum icons on this style. In the past i have just tracked the path to the server and replaced but it seems these have the same name? site is globalhax and here is a screen shot
icons.webp

I am trying to figure out how to change my forum icons on this style. In the past i have just tracked the path to the server and replaced but it seems these have the same name? site is globalhax and here is a screen shot
ACP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Node Icons
if they are defined there. You can also do multiple ones via the EXTRA.css.

I just found an addon for this today, but haven't try it yet .. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-node-icon-icon-for-category.632/
maybe this could help ..
There are some quirks with that add on last I heard (one had to do with if you removed it, your node icons got trashed?). Simpler (if you are just using one) to do it in the ACP Style Properties manually. If you want to do different ones for different nodes then the EXTRA.css edits are extremely easy to do.

That addon adds slow queries to every page of your website, shows very small, low quality jpg icons. As its jpg no transparency is possible.
The problem with adding it to extra.css is that it becomes very hard to manage with a large number of nodes. I have 500 nodes or something.

That addon adds slow queries to every page of your website, shows very small, low quality jpg icons. As its jpg no transparency is possible.
The problem with adding it to extra.css is that it becomes very hard to manage with a large number of nodes. I have 500 nodes or something.
I've got 358 on one of my forums. I just include the extra twd_node.css template in my EXTRA.css and keep them there. They are divided by categories/brands and those are then broken down in numerical order. Once you get the knack of it it's not that hard to keep up with (as long as you've laid it out in a logical format).

There are some quirks with that add on last I heard (one had to do with if you removed it, your node icons got trashed?). Simpler (if you are just using one) to do it in the ACP Style Properties manually. If you want to do different ones for different nodes then the EXTRA.css edits are extremely easy to do.

Are you sure they are easy, I tried every method written by people, but it couldn't work. I add it in extra.css. I tried to remove the original node icons too, it doesn't work then too. I tried the longest method too with this code and it doesn't work, I use default xenforo. Didn't do any changes.

.node .node_18 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_18 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node18-read.png");
background-position: 0;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Are you sure they are easy, I tried every method written by people, but it couldn't work. I add it in extra.css. I tried to remove the original node icons too, it doesn't work then too. I tried the longest method too with this code and it doesn't work, I use default xenforo. Didn't do any changes.

.node .node_18 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_18 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node18-read.png");
background-position: 0;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
This works from my motorcycle forum (I use a custom image directory for all my forums for this type of stuff or use a spritesheet in the case of the last code segment example)
One thing I noticed.. if that is a cut/paste of your example.. you have a space between .node and .node_18. You can't have that. Just copy/paste one from the below lines and change the number up and see if it works.

Code:
/* General Other category icons */
/* Cruisers */
.node.node_341 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_341 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/bike.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_341 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_341 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/bike.png");
}
/* Rat Bike */
.node.node_343 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_343 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/ratbike.png");
}
Code:
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/node-sprite.png");
    background-position: 0px -88px;
    background-color: transparent;
}
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-position: 0px -88px;
    opacity: 1.0;
}

.node.node_99 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_99 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node.node_99 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_99 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    opacity: 1.0;
}

Top Bottom