XF 1.2 Changing domain name

Jefferson Filho

Hello guys,

For while now I was thinking of changing the name of my actually forum, since I want to expend it to other areas and the old name wouldn't fit anymore, so this where I think I will have a problem! I just want to change the actually forum name and domain, but keep everything and also when people click on the old links from the old domain that I will remain active redirect to the new domain, so I would like to know how I could do that!

Thanks again for helping me!

In XenForo's customer area, be sure to update your license's domain.

In the options under basic board information, make sure to update your links their.

Point the new domain to your old installation.

Add a .htaccess that provides 301 Redirects from one domain to the next, unfortunately, I can't provide that.

In XenForo's customer area, be sure to update your license's domain.

In the options under basic board information, make sure to update your links their.

Point the new domain to your old installation.

Add a .htaccess that provides 301 Redirects from one domain to the next, unfortunately, I can't provide that.
Thanks! Yeah I knew I would had to do all of this! Just few questions, should I move the files for the new domain folder? And any idea where I can get a tutorial to teach me to do the .htaccess? Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom